Development of a culturally inclusive family based support interventions for Aboriginal expectant fathers in Western Australia
Kickett-Tucker, C., Dodd, J., Marriott, R., Brooks, J. and Nilson, C. (2012) Development of a culturally inclusive family based support interventions for Aboriginal expectant fathers in Western Australia. In: WAPMHS Symposium 2012: Perinatal Mental Health and Dads - The Elephant in the Nursery, 26 November 2012, The University Club of Western Australia, Perth.
OBJECTIVES AND AIMS OF THE STUDY:
• Enhance the perinatal mental health of Aboriginal families in the urban Swan and regional Kalgoorlie - Boulder areas;
• Build the capacity of Aboriginal and new expectant fathers and their families;
• Develop and validate culturally inclusive Aboriginal concepts of perinatal mental health;
• Develop and implement a culturally secure family - based support program for Aboriginal new and expectant parents with a specific focus on fathers; and,
• Build the capacity of Aborignal researchers through the active recruitment processes of the research team. .
|Publication Type:||Conference Item|
|Murdoch Affiliation:||School of Nursing & Midwifery|
|Item Control Page|
Downloads per month over past year