Metro Power Company Perth Data Centre
Kilgariff, Raymond (2011) Metro Power Company Perth Data Centre. Internship Report, Murdoch University.
|PDF - Other |
Download (6MB) | Preview
The Perth Data Centre (‘PDC’) project’s aim is todetail the design and engineering of power reticulation, including backup power (generator & UPS) for a new data centre at 1020 Wellington Street West Perth. The following initial project deliverables are as follows:
• Master single line diagram of 415v and 240v distribution using Microsoft Visio
• Cable sizing and selection calculations, protection system calculation and grading
• Basic scaled layout drawings using sketch tools
• Material selection and quantities B.O.M
• Generator control system parameterization design for automatic transfer switching on mains failure, including fault monitoring to Metro Operation & Control Centre (‘OCC’) and remote control
• UPS control system parameterization design, including fault monitoring to Metro OCC
• Energy and current monitoring design, equipment research and selection
• Integration design of monitoring and control of system status to Metro OCC
• Installation and commissioning support
This report introduces Metro Power Company and Perth Data Centres PTY LTD. The project management methodology, scope and change management issues are discussed.
The body of this report contains the project analysis, describing the execution of the project deliverables; objectives, research/literature review, progress/analysis, problems/issues and scheduling. Following this are the recommendations and conclusion.
The project scope has expanded not through requirement for the internship but through the requirement of the project itself. For the purpose of the internship, the scope remains constrained within the initial deliverables, plus necessary additions to fulfil the deliverable requirements. However, for the purpose of completing the whole project, whereas the internship was only assigned a subset as per the aim and objective above, the responsibility has been undertaken to assist in the expanded works to complete the required task, as the internship contract runs significantly past the due date of this report (Report Due Date: 18 November 2011, Contract Termination Date: 1st February 2012).
|Publication Type:||Internship Report (Bachelor of Engineering)|
|Murdoch Affiliation:||School of Engineering and Energy|
|Item Control Page|