Macrozamia toxicosis in a dog
*Subscription may be required
A case of Macrozamia riedlei seed poisoning is described in a young Dachshund. Vomiting and depression commenced within 6 h of ingestion; other signs that developed included severe hepatopathy, jaundice, abdominal pain that was unresponsive to analgesics, severe gastro-intestinal haemorrhage and thrombocytopenia as well as crystalluria and marrow dyserythropoiesis. The dog was euthanased 6 days after ingestion of the seeds.
|Publication Type:||Journal Article|
|Murdoch Affiliation:||School of Veterinary Studies|
|Item Control Page|