Submission to the Review of Australia's Relations with Indonesia (Submission No. 53)
Hill, D.T. (2002) Submission to the Review of Australia's Relations with Indonesia (Submission No. 53). Submitted to the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade. Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee . pp. 1-17.
*No subscription required
In view of the broad-ranging terms of reference for this Review, this submission restricts itself to discussing educational aspects of Australian-Indonesian relations, and in particular it:
• underscores the central importance of Indonesian language and studies of Indonesia to the future well-being of the Australian community.
• recommends that Indonesian Studies be designated a strategic national priority;
• recommends the Australia Research Council and the Department of Education, Science and Training prioritise Indonesian Studies when funding both research and teaching;
• argues that special attention needs to be given to develop and support educational programs that assist Australian students to spend extended periods studying and living in Indonesia.
• recommends specifically direct and substantial Commonwealth government funding for the Australian Consortium for 'In-Country' Indonesian Studies (ACICIS).
|Murdoch Affiliation:||School of Arts|
|Series Name:||Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade|
|Publisher:||Australian Consortium for ‘In-Country’ Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) Secretariat, Division of Social Sciences a, Humanities and Education, Murdoch University|
|Item Control Page|
Downloads per month over past year