Field review of the schools online curriculum content initiative
Lake, D., Phillips, R., Lowe, K., Cummings, R., Schibeci, R. and Miller, E. (2004) Field review of the schools online curriculum content initiative. Murdoch University. Centre for Learning Change and Development, Murdoch University, W.A..
*Open access, no subscription required
The goal of The Le@rning Federation Schools Online Curriculum Content Initiative is to ensure students from Australia and New Zealand maximise the educational opportunities made possible by online technology. The Le@rning Federation has adopted a ‘learning objects model’ approach to the development of interactive multimedia computer-based resources. The potential economic advantage of learning objects is that they can be disaggregated and resequenced for different educational purposes.
The Le@rning Federation was initially commissioned to develop, over five years, learning objects in the following priority curriculum areas:
• Science from K–P to year 6 and for years 9–10
• Mathematics and numeracy from K–P to year 9
• Literacy for students at risk in years 5–8
• Studies of Australia from K–P to year 10
• Innovation, enterprise and creativity from K–P to year 10
• Languages other than English (Chinese, Japanese and Indonesian) from K–P to year 10.
|Murdoch Affiliation:||Centre for Learning, Change and Development|
School of Education
|Series Name:||Report of Stage 1: The Le@rning Federation Pilot Field Review|
|Publisher:||Murdoch University. Centre for Learning Change and Development|
|Item Control Page|
Downloads per month over past year